Continuing Medical Education
(for Medical Professionals)
Upcoming Langmore FEES Courses, with 4 hours of hands-on practice plus lectures covering normal physiology, indications, scoring, interpretation, use of endoscopy for treatment, and recorded videos for practice scoring.
To be offered at Boston Medical Center, Boston MA
July 19 and 20, 2013
October 25 and 26, 2013
For further information, contact Peggy Belmonte at 603-702-1571; or email [email@example.com], [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Space is limited!
This program is offered for 1.35 CEU'S (Intermediate level, Professional area)
The Department of Otolaryngology at Boston Medical Center
offers a Buteyko breathing educators training course
When: August 9 and 10, 2013
For information call Hadas Golan at: 617-414-1768 or email:email@example.com
Buteyko is a clinically-proven, natural, safe breath retraining technique for asthma. It is also effective for allergies, blocked and runny nose, sinus issues, chronic cough, sleep apnea, snoring, anxiety/panic, and paradoxical vocal fold motion (PVFM). It consists of breathing exercises specially designed to restore normal breathing patterns combined with principles about physical exercise, food, and sleeping as they relate to healthy breathing habits.
This Buteyko training experience will provide trainees with a better understanding of the fundamental causes of breathing dysfunctions, train them in techniques to assist patients to better manage respiratory disorders, and provide new insights and strategies to influence breathing training for both normal anddisordered breathers.
The 2-day workshop includes practical application of physiologically normal breathing into speech therapy.
Learning objectives Level 1:
- Upon completion of the training, SLP's will be able to:
- Use the Buteyko principles in speech therapy:
- Identify dysfunctional breathing in their patients
- Help them establish better breathing habits
- Teach efficient breathing during speech and singing
- Teach strategies to relieve symptoms such as nasal congestion, dyspnea, excessive phlegm, throat clearing, cough, dry mouth, etc.
- Teach strategies to increase exercise capacity and to enhance sports performance
- Identify and modify causes of breathing dysfunction
- Learn how to monitor and improve their own breathing
- Working with patients with:
- Mouth and upper chest breathing pattern
- Chronic throat clearing/cough/irritable larynx
- Dysphonia and PVFM
- Stuttering and other neurological speech disorders
- Speech disorders without any chronic condition
Registration for the Buteyko breathing educators training course
Yes, I want to attend the Buteyko breathing educators training course
I am registering for the course on the following date:
August 9 and 10, 2013
Affiliation/ Department _____________________________________________
City/ State/ Zip code ______________________________________________
Home Address: __________________________________________________
Phone ______________________________ Fax ________________________
(Communication with the participant will be via email)
Please make check payable to “BUMC Otolaryngology Speech & Swallowing” for $500.00
Send the Check (sorry no credit cards or invoices) and this registration form to:
Boston Medical Center
FGH Building, 820 Harrison Avenue
Boston, MA 02118
Multi Voice Dimensions
This program is offered for 1.3 CEU’S (Intermediate level; Professional area)